We are very happy to announce the opening of our Campaign period for BGSS President. Our 3 nominees will be campaigning for 2 co-president positions over the next two weeks with our polling taking place on July 10-11th by electronic ballot. You will be voting for your top two candidates.
The Presidential Nominees are: Valerie Vinette, Emily Tang and Amr Omer
Running unopposed for the other positions are:
VP Communications: Jason Sadek and Adda-Lee Graham-Paquin
VP Finance: Owen Chen and Sophie Viala
VP PGSS Rep: Ippy Nandi and Brenda Sanchez
Social Life Rep: Emily Ayoub, Cristiana Spinelli, Kamilia Daldoul, Yevgen Zolotarov, Erin Coyne
We will also be including a referendum question on our ballot. We will ask you to vote to accept some amendments to our constitution drafted by this past year’s presidents.
The major changes include:
- Changing the time of the AGM to before elections and the beginning of the council year to the Summer term (to reflect current practices)
- Better clarifying the roles and responsibilities of the council positions
- Creating a new council position of Social Media Representative, whose duties include expanding BGSS’s presence on social media and easing the amount of work for the VP Communications.
- Adding provisions for better communication with the Biochemistry Department.
- Cosmetic changes to the language of the constitution.
If you have any questions or concerns about this campaign period or the polling period please contact the CRO at email@example.com.
Watch your e-mail or this website for your electronic ballot on July 10th and good luck to our candidates!
BGSS Chief Returning Officer